Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 7348 times
This is a sweet dish made of rawa and jaggery. It is almost similar to shira but this can be stored for 15-20 days.
- Heat 1/4 cup ghee in a pan and add the rawa, mix well and saute on a medium flame till the rawa turns golden brown. Keep aside.
- Add the milk in a deep pan, add 4 tbsp water, mix well and pour this mixture on rawa.
- Transfer the mixture on a plate and press the mixture on a s lightly with the help of your finger when hot and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Mean while ,heat a pan and put the jaggery, add the water, mix well and cook so as to make a 1 string syrup.
- Slowly add the rawa mixture while stirring continuously.
- Add the fried fresh coconut and cook till it leaves the vessel.
- Add the remaining ghee and mix well.
- Add the roasted dry fruits.
- Garnish with desicated coconut and serve hot or at room temperature.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 11 May 2011Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.