Gulkand Shakar Paare
by PRACHI AGARWAL
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4369 times
Gulkand Shakar Paare, this Diwali add a little more love and flavour to the traditional shakarpas with gulkand. Just a little gulkand enhances the taste and flavour of the shahar paras.These shakar paras are baked, so healthier too.
- Combine maida, suji, oil, gullkand, fennel seeds and powdered sugar in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add rose water, water and knead to a firm dough. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion into 175mm. (7”) diameter circle and 0. 5 mm thick.
- Sprinkle coloured sugar over the shakar paras and lightly roll it.
- Cut it into 25 mm. (1") diamond shaped pieces and prick each diamond with a fork.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make more diamond shaped shakar paras.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 7-9 mins.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by PRACHI AGARWAL on 27 Jun 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.