Gulabi Nikhar Barfi
by Nutri Kavi
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2702 times
This unique barfi is made up of beetroot and mawa.
Add your private note
Gulabi Nikhar Barfi recipe - How to make Gulabi Nikhar Barfi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
500 gms beetroot , (peeled and finely grated1 ltr milk
250 gms khoya/mawa1 cup sugar100 gms ghee
1 edible silver warq oil for greasing
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan, add the beetroot and saute on a medium flame till aroma rises.
- Add half the milk, mix well and cook on a high flame, while stirring in between, till the mixture turns thick again.
- Add the remaining milk, mix well and cook on a high flame for some time.
- Add the mawa, mix well and cook till mixture becomes thick and leaves side.
- Add the sugar and mix well till the mixture becomes thick.
- Grease a tray and spread the mixture and flatten it and decorate with edible silver.
- Cool and keep in fridge for 1 hour and then cut into pieces and serve.
This recipe was contributed by Nutri Kavi on 20 Aug 2012I love cooking very much. .
My hobbies are painting and travelling
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.