Gulabi Broken Wheat (lapsi) Kheer
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5826 times
A good lip smacking kheer for all ages. Its truly a diwali delicacy with lots of nutrition.
- Take a sauce pan, add a tablespoon of ghee and fry the broken wheat on low flame till the raw smell vanishes.
- Pour the wheat into a bowl and add 1 cup milk into it.
- Place the bowl in a cooker/ microwave oven and cook it until lapsy gets softened.
- Remove the bowl and pour the contents to a sauce pan.
- Pour the remaining milk along with condensed milk, saffron, brown sugar, cardamom powder and rose essence/roohafza.
- Let the mixture cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Fry the dry fruits with ghee and add one part of it to the kheer. Garnish the kheer with the remaining part of dry fruits and scoop of vanilla ice cream would be adorable.
- Serve chilled to get the best results.
This recipe was contributed by Siri1974 on 04 Nov 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.