Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7447 times
Gulab Jamun is a very popular Indian sweet loved by all. A sweet treat to that can be devoured in just one bite. Hariyali mava which is traditionally used to make Gulab jmauns is not easily available everywhere, so instead of mava, I have used milk powder, cream and maida to make this delicious sweet. The rose essence in the sugar syrup lends a mild, delicate fragrance.
- Mix milk powder and the self raising flour (or plain flour and sodium bicarbonate) gradually add cream, and gently form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 25-30 parts and make each into a smooth round shape without any crack. This can be done by moving the balls in between palms of both hands with some pressure. Remember to place one pistachio and one cardamom seed into each ball. Cover lightly with a damp cloth.
- Heat oil (about 250 gram) in a deep pan, test the oil temperaure by adding one ball, it should first go down to the bottom of the pan and then rise slowly to the surface.
- If it rises too fast, the oil needs to cool. If the jamun does not rise, it needs more heating. Deep fry all the jamuns, about 5 at a time, on low heat to a golden brown color. Pla
- Prepare a syrup by dissolving 275 gram sugar in about 300 ml water,bring the water to boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add rose essense and mix well.
- Immerse the jamuns in hot syrup for 30 minutes.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 07 Aug 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.