Gulab Jamuns By paulachand
This recipe has been viewed 1917 times
Gulab jamuns are devoured across India and are basically a dessert recipe with khoya balls deep fried and then simmered in a sugar syrup. Learn many traditional Indian sweet dish recipe at tarladalal.com
Add your private note
Gulab Jamuns By paulachand recipe - How to make Gulab Jamuns By paulachand
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Combine all the ingredients for the syrup except rose water in a heavy sauscepan and boil together to make a thick, sugary syrup. the rose water will be added when the gulabs are in the saucepan. always keep the syrup warm.
- Sift together the dry ingredients for the jamuns. this includes the flour, bisquick, dry powdered milk, baking powder, baking soda, ground cardomom.
- Warm up the cream and melt the butter. combine the two and then slowly pour this into the dry mixture while kneading the dough very slowly with hands. turn out onto a lightly foured surface and knead until elastic and very smooth.
- Break off little pieces about the size of a quarter. roll pieces into smooth little balls.
- Heat the ghee until hot. drop a very small piece of dough in and when it rises to the top, the oil is ready. watch the temperature carefully since these little balls will burn easily.
- Drop a few balls in at a time. fry until a even dark golden brown. remove and immedietly drop into warm syrup. let them soak the syrup until all are finished. put gulab jamuns and syrup in a serving dish and sprinke the rose water.
- Shredded cocunut may also be added for garnish.
This recipe was contributed by paulachand on 07 Nov 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.