Gulab Jamun with Burfi On Top
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17215 times
A tempting sweet dish recipe, the mouthwatering Gulab Jamun with Burfi on Top is an unique concept of cutting the gulab jamuns and topping them with a creamy homemade burfi. Enjoy this combination of fried jamuns with lovely burfi topping straight out of the refrigerator.
- Make sugar syrup with the above mentioned sugar and water.
- Add saffron and cardamom powder. let it boil for sometime.
- In the mean time, mix maida, dry milk powder and whipping cream to make balls.
- You can also add milk if you cannot find whipping cream.
- Then fry the balls to dark brown colour in oil.
- Add the fried jamuns to the sugar syrup.
- Turn off the heat from sugar syrup after adding all the jamuns.
- Leave it overnight.
- Drain all the jamuns from the syrup.then,
- Melt the butter, add ricotta cheese and milk powder.
- Stir till all the liquid dissolves.
- Then take the pan off from the heat.
- Add the sugar and keep on stirring till it becomes thick.
- Once it cools, spread a little on top on the cut gulab jamuns.
- Then refrigerate.
- Take it out just a few minutes before serving.
This recipe was contributed by 01234 on 13 May 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.