Gulab Jamun Truffles
by Manjusha Prave
This recipe has been viewed 5276 times
An innovative twist to the traditional gulab jamuns .Merging two of my fav sweets from childhood days ,gulab jamuns and chocolate truffles into gulab Jamun truffles.Kids treat for sure.(I made only 15 jamuns for the truffles here)
- Make gulab jamuns according to the ready made mix packet.(Make sure the balls rolled are crack free and smooth and should be fried on medium-low heat until evenly golden brown)
- Make the sugar syrup in a pan by adding Water, Sugar, Rose Syrup, Cardamoms and Saffron.
- Bring the pan to boil. Once it starts boiling, reduce the heat and allow it to simmer until the sugar dissolves completely and becomes thick and tad sticky .
- Do not ever overheat or it will caramelize.Sugar syrup is ready.
- Now dip all the fried gulab jamuns in the sugar syrup for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the gulab Jamuns from the syrup and keep them in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden a bit.
- Meanwhile,put the chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of oil into a microwave-safe bowl, mix well and microwave 8z for about 3 minutes approx or until completely melted.
- Do stir them every 30 seconds until smooth and melted. Keep aside.
- Now take the gulab jamuns out of the freezer and dip each gulab Jamuns in the melted chocolate until evenly coated.
- Transfer them onto a plate with cookie sheet.
- Decorate/coat them with some sprinkles or other sugar decorations or a dark chocolate drizzle.
- Allow it to dry or keep them into the freezer to speed up the process until the melted chocolate cover is well set.
- Gulab Jamun truffles are ready.
This recipe was contributed by Manjusha Prave on 01 Nov 2014I love to cook to make my hubby smile and content.I like reading,writing,music,SRK movie,anything fu...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.