Gulab Jamun By chandapappa
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3278 times
Gulabjamun is a traditional Indian sweet delicacy which are basically khoya and flour based balls dipped in Sweet Syrup
- Grate khoya and paneer and keep aside.
- Mix the two along with cooking soda, flour, cardamom powder and a little water to make a soft dough.
- Divide into sixteen equal portions and shape into balls.
- These balls can be stuffed with saffron, pista or cardamom powder if you wish.
- Prepare sugar syrup with sugar and equal quantity of water.
- Heat ghee/oil in a kadai. add the balls and deep fry on low heat till golden in colour.
- Drain and soak in the sugar syrup for atleast fifteen to twenty minutes before serving.
- Note: temperature of the oil should be low or the jamuns will remain uncooked from inside.
- Serves number of people : n.a.
- Proteins : n.a. carbohydrates : n.a.
- Fats : n.a. calories per serving : n.a.
This recipe was contributed by chandapappa on 02 Sep 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.