Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30213 times
Gul papdi is a gul or jaggery based sweet dish which is traditionally enjoyed on festivals in India. The roasted wheat flour is cooked with jaggery or gur along with ghee and then shaped into flat balls . Enjoy gul papdi as dessert or sweet snack anytime of the day.
- Sprinkle the poppy seeds on a greased 8 inch cake pan.
- Melt the ghee in a pan and add the wheat flour, stirring continuously.
- Sauté till you get a wonderful aroma of the wheat flour.
- Remove from the flame and add the jaggery, cardamom powder and (optional) coconut. stir well.
- When the jaggery melts, and the mixture has come together, pour the mixture
- Cool thoroughly.
- Remove after 1 hour. enjoy. it is also wonderful warm.
This recipe was contributed by mcgraff on 13 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.