Gujrati Nylon Dhokla
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11875 times
Gujaratis nylon dhokla is an awesome snack recipe with the besan based batter steamed and then cut into long strips before serving. An instant dhokla recipe which can be prepared within minutes and served as snack or packed lunch.
Add your private note
Gujrati Nylon Dhokla recipe - How to make Gujrati Nylon Dhokla
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Mix together all the ingredients for the batter except the fruit salt using enough water to make a thick batter.
- Add in the fruit salt, sprinkle a little water over the fruit salt and mix well.
- When the mixture rises, pour it into a greased thali and steam for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a small katori and add the mustard seeds, sesame seeeds, green chillies and asafoetida.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add 1 tablespoon of water and pour this over the steamed dhoklas.
- Cut into pieces and serve with green chutney.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.