Gujarati Suva Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 85 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30338 times
A homely preparation made using chopped dill leaves, besan, curds and other flavour enhancers, one portion of the Gujarati Suva Kadhi is good enough to provide a quarter of a day’s calcium requirement. Curd is an excellent source of calcium, and when you combine it with dill leaves, it gets even richer! The best part is that this healthy recipe is also very tasty. It is amazing how everyday flavouring substances and a traditional tempering result in such a tantalizing aroma and flavour.
- Combine the besan, curds and 2½ cups of water in a non-stick pan, whisk well till no lumps remain and bring to boil.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, curry leaves, sugar and salt and mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Heat the oil in small non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and red chilli and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add this tempering to the kadhi and mix well.
- Add the dill leaves, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
- If the curds are sour add ¼ cup of milk to the kadhi and reduce the quantity of water.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.