Grilled Veggie Sandwich
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11935 times
Grilled veggie sandwich is a tasty and simple grilled sandwich recipe which has a delectable taste of grated cheese, fresh crunchiness of veggies and the healthful benefits of wheat breads. Enjoy as packed lunch or meal with soup as side dish.
Add your private note
Grilled Veggie Sandwich recipe - How to make Grilled Veggie Sandwich
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Shred/grate the carrots
- Cut the eggplant,potatoes, onion, and tomoato in round slices
- Put all the vegetables in big bowl, add salt, black pepper, and 2 tbsp of oil.
- Mix everything nicely with clean hands/spatula
- Heat the non stick/cast iron pan on medium flame gas and nicely put 1tbsp. oil on the pan with brush.
- Arrange the vegetables in the pan. vegetables should not overlap.
- Cook the vegetables by turning them over in between till they are little soft and reddish in color.
- Make sure you cook eggplant, onions, potatoes, and tomatoes sperately.
- Tomtoes and onions are grilled in no time.
- While vegetables are getting ready , toast the bread in the toaster.
- Put the butter on both sides of the bread and toast it on the other pan (tawa).
- On one slice put the green chutney/ketchup and on other slice put the butter.
- You can make your own combination.
- Spread the 1 tbsp of shredded cheese or place 1 cheese slice on chutney slice of bread then place all the vegetables, first put eggplant,then potato, then tomato then onion.
- Sprinkle 1tbsp of shredded mozarella cheese/
- Put 1 slice of swiss cheese
- Put the other slice of bread on top of all this to sandwich all this stuff.
- Repeat the procedure for the remaining 6 slices of bread.
- Heat the same pan (tawa) used to toast the bread.
- Carefully place the sandwich on tawa and press lightly with spatula. after 15 sec
- Turnover the sandwich.
- After 15 sec on the other side remove the sandwich from tawa.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally and serve with chutney/ketchup.
This recipe was contributed by kapurl on 04 May 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.