Grilled Pita Sandwich
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2436 times
Pita pockets stuffed with sauteed vegetables and cheese are grilled till crisp and every bite of this Grilled Pita Sandwich is just awesome-crispy and cheesy!
Add your private note
Grilled Pita Sandwich recipe - How to make Grilled Pita Sandwich
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add zucchini and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the capsicum and onions and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Switch off the flame, add cucumber, tomatoes, olives, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Cut the pita into halves.
- Take 2 pita halves and carefully open up the pita pocket.
- Spread a tsp of the mint chutney, spread a portion of the stuffing and 1/4 cup cheese in each pita pocket, taking care, it should not get too close to the edges.
- Place both the pita pockets in a pre-heated sandwich griller and grill for 4 minutes or till it turns crispy and brown from both the sides.
- Repeat the steps 7 to 9 to make 2 more grilled pita sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#436350 on 16 Sep 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.