Grilled Cottage Cheese with Tomato and Basil Oil
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2467 times
Here is a grilled starter that is sure to bowl you over with its herby notes!
Grilled Cottage Cheese with Tomato and Basil Oil is a really unique treat in which an arrangement of tangy tomatoes and succulent grilled paneer is topped with a freshly prepared paneer puree and aromatic basil oil.
Made of olive oil and basil, the oil has a distinct flavour and aroma, which are sure to kindle your appetite. Have this tasty starter warm and fresh.
Also try your hand at making other awesome starters like Cheesy Mushrooms or Potato Nuggets.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixer and blend till the mixture turns smooth. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Strain the basil oil, using a strainer. Keep aside.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly on the paneer cubes and rub on both the sides.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a griller pan. Place all the paneer cubes in it and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn golden brown in color from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Combine 5 pieces of grilled paneer, garlic paste, 1 tbsp basil oil, salt and pepper, along with 2 tbsp of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paneer-basil mixture.
- Just before serving, arrange all the tomato slices on a platter and place one piece of grilled paneer over each tomato slice. Put a little of the prepared paneer-basil mixture over each grilled paneer and finally drizzle the remaining basil oil evenly over them.
- Serve immediately.
Grilled Cottage Cheese with Tomato and Basil Oil Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.