Grilled Cottage Cheese with Orange Ginger Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 282 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12218 times
This tasty sauce complements the cottage cheese well.
- Slice the cottage cheese into 25 mm. x 25 mm. x 5 mm. (1" x 1" x 1/5") pieces. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan. Add the chopped onion and ginger and stir for some time till the onion pieces becomes transparent
- Add the orange segments, salt and pepper and stir for more time.
- Add the cornflour and stir till the onion and orange pieces get a glaze.
- Put the butter in a pan and fry the cottage cheese pieces, browning both the sides.
- Remove and place on absorbent paper.
- Put some shredded lettuce at the base of a serving dish.
- Arrange the cottage cheese slices on the lettuce.
- Ladle out the sauce on top on the cottage cheese slices.
- Serve immediately.
- Do not pan fry the cottage pieces if you want to get criss-cross lines on it as shown in the picture. use a griller instead.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.