Grilled Brinjal Gravy
by sush neyveli
This recipe has been viewed 1316 times
Grilled Brinjal Gravy, a different way of cooking brinjal. Grill the brinjal and prepare the gravy from it. Serve it with hot chapathi, roti or puri.
- Roast over the brinjals on an open flame till the brinjals turn soft and black, while turning occasionally. When a knife is inserted it must go smoothly which means it is fully cooked.
- Remove the black layer, cut the head and cut the brinjal into small pieces. You can even mash it if you want the gravy to be slushy.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the fennel seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and saute.
- Add the tomatoes and saute again.
- Add the coriander leaves, mint leaves and curry leaves.
- Cook, while stirring continuously, till the oil comes out of the gravy.
- Add the brinjal, garam masala, chilli powder and coriander powder and mix well.
- Add a little water and cook till it has a nice gravy consistency..
- Garnish with coriander and Serve hot with briyani, roti, chapati or dosas.
This recipe was contributed by sush neyveli on 07 Dec 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.