Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3342 times
Green'n dhal presents a healthy combination of protein rich dals or lentils with fiber rich greens in a single dish. The choice of spice powders and ingredients makes the green dhal a must try with steamed rice or dosa.
- Wash the greens carefully and remove mud if any
- Cut them finely and keep aside.
- Dice the onion.
- Pressure cook both tur dhal and moong dhal until 2 whistles.
- In a pan add little oil and season with the ingredients given.
- Add onion and saute for few seconds .
- Add garlic and fry for few seconds.
- Add cut greens and fry till they become soft.
- Now add the cooked dhal and mix.
- Mix in the ground paste and if necessary add some water to the desired consistency and remove when done.
This recipe was contributed by hemarangaswamy on 15 Nov 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.