Greengram Dhal Idli
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6604 times
Greengram dhal idli is an unique idli or steamed rice dumpling recipe prepared by grinding together rice and green moong dal. A popular South Indian food, green gram dhal idli enjoys appeal among all and is typically eaten with coconut chutney or sambhar.
- Soak dhal for 2 hours.
- Grind coconut, green chillies, asafoetida and salt to smooth paste.
- Grind dhal separately without adding water till coarse rawa consistency.
- Mix both the ground paste together with sour curd.
- Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds in it and pour over the batter with soda.
- Mix well and steam idlis in usual way immediately (no need to ferment this batter).
This recipe was contributed by sonaprem on 13 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.