Green peas and patties
by Anupama Murali
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9683 times
Add your private note
Green peas and patties recipe - How to make Green peas and patties
Cooking Time: Total Time:
potatoes - 4
carrots - 2
peas - 1/4 cup
red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
bread crumbs - 1/2 cup salt to taste little oil
for peas masala
dried peas - 2 cups soaked over night and pressure cooked for 2 whistles.
onion - 2 medium chopped
tomato - 1 medium chopped
ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp salt to taste
turmeric - 1/4 tsp
red chilly powder - 1 tsp
dhaniya powder - 1 tsp
cinnamon - 1 inch stick
cloves - 4
saunf - 1 tsp
black jeera - 1 tsp little oil
onion - 1 chopped
coriander leaves chopped
lemon juice few drops.
- For patty:
- Boil all the vegetable for 2 whistles in cooker and mash them well.
- Add 1/4th cup bread crumbs, salt, red chilly powder and mix well.
- Make flat patties of 2 inch diameter.
- Coat them nicely in bread crumbs.
- Heat a tava and fry them as we do for cutlets.
- Keep aside.
- For peas masala:
- Heat oil in a kadai, add cinnamon, cloves, saunf, jeera and let it crackle.
- Add onions, turmeric. and fry till transparent,
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smells goes off.
- Add tomatoes and fry till the oil seperates.
- Add red chilly powder, dhaniya powder, salt and cook for few mins.
- Add the boiled peas, little water and cook for 8 mins.
- Place 2 patties in the center of a plate.
- Pour one or 2 serving spoons of peas masala over the patties.
- Sprinkle some chopped onions and coriander leaves, few drops of lemon juice.
- Its ready to beeee gulped..........
This recipe was contributed by Anupama Murali on 20 May 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.