Green Vegetable Noodles in Red Curry Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14797 times
Rice noodles and green vegetables in a fiery red curry sauce!
- Blend lemon grass leaves with ¼ cup of water. Strain, discard the lemon grass and keep the water aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients and blend to a smooth paste using the reserved lemon grass water. Keep aside.
- In a pan, mix the coconut milk, cornflour, red curry paste, tamarind paste, sugar and peanuts and bring to a boil.
- Add the salt and simmer for a few minutes till the sauce thickens. Keep aside.
- Cook the long beans, broccoli florets, green peas and french beans in salted hot water till they are tender. Drain and keep aside.
- Place the noodles in the centre of a serving plate and arrange the blanched vegetables around the sides.
- Pour the curry sauce over the noodles and vegetables.
- Serve immediately.
- To cook rice noodles, soak them in boiling hot water for 10 to 15 minutes or as the instruction on the package specify.
- Drain the water and again dip into cold water in order to arrest any further cooking. Drain and use as required.
- Do not use coriander leaves for making red curry paste as it will affect the colour of the paste.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||827 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B3||5.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||42 mg|
|Folic Acid||107.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.