Green Rice By awesome_ashoo
This recipe has been viewed 1722 times
Simple, easy and delicious rice recipe with chopped spinach leaves , potatoes and whole Indian spices, green rice is healthy and yet so delicious. Green rice is a nice variation to the good old pulao or chawal recipe.
- Soak the rice for an hour.
- Wash and drain the rice.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the rice and fry for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, bay leaf and salt and cook on a slow flame with the lid on till all the liquid is absorbed.
- Lower the heat as much as possible, cover the pan lightly and cook for 10 minutes more. remove the bay leaf.
- Stir in the coriander, mint and green chillies.
- Serve hot garnished with lemon wedges.
This recipe was contributed by awesome_ashoo on 12 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.