by Foodie #517156
This recipe has been viewed 6940 times
Rasam with delicious flavour of garlic
- Wash and pressure cook the dal in a pressure cooker with enough water for 2 to 3 whistles or till it is cooked well.
- Allow the steam to escape and open the lid, add 3 cups water, green smooth paste, salt, cumin seeds powder, coriander seeds powder, pepper powder and chilli powder and bring to a boil.
- Add tamarind pulp and simmer on a slow flame for few minutes.
- Heat oil in a small non-stick pan, add mustard seeds. When the seeds crackle add curry leaves and asafoetida and add to the above rasam mixture.
- Bring to a boil and serve hot with rice or any starter.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #517156 on 31 Mar 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.