Green Plantain and Cheese Dumplings
by Shreya Jaiswal
This recipe has been viewed 2656 times
Unusual but yummy combination...
Dumplings made with green plantain and filling of cheese...enjoy!!
Add your private note
Green Plantain and Cheese Dumplings recipe - How to make Green Plantain and Cheese Dumplings
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 6 serving
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a pan. Add the plantain chunks and cook until they are very soft, turn them about every 10 minutes, till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add chilli powder, cumin seeds and salt.
- Transfer the plantain pieces to a bowl, do this while they are still hot.
- Mash the plantains using a masher until you obtain chunky dough like consistency.
- Form balls slightly smaller than the size of a tennis ball with the dough.
- Make a hole in the middle of each ball and fill it with the cheese, cover the filling and reshape it back into a ball shape.
- Heat the oil in a deep broad pan, add the stuffed plantain dumplings and fry them until they are golden and crispy on each side.
- Transfer to plate lined with paper towels to drain the grease and serve immediately.
- Serve with tomato ketchup or your choice of dipping.
This recipe was contributed by Shreya Jaiswal on 27 Feb 2011Hi I am Shreya from Nagpur. I am an Interior Designer by profession.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.