Green Peas and Mint Soup, Low-cal Pea Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20340 times
Here is a fabulous soup with an attractive pale-green colour and rich texture, made with green peas and onions, enhanced by a touch of mint. You can feel every spoonful of this soup bursting with the juiciness of green peas and vibrant flavour of mint.
The Green Peas and Mint Soup is low in calories and high in fibre content, which makes it a boon to weight watchers and those aiming to control their cholesterol levels.
Pair this fibre-rich soup with a light salad like Cabbage, Carrot and Lettuce Salad and a slice of Dieter’s Pizza to fill you up without taking over the meal.
- Heat a deep non-stick pan and when hot, add the onions and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the green peas and 4 cups of water and mix well. Cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend it in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into the same deep non-stick pan, add the salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with mint leaves and carrot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.