Green Peas Pulao
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 7449 times
Green Peas Pulao, tasty and easy to make. This pressure cooked pulao is spiced and aromatic. Sauteing the rice in ghee gives a nice flavour. Interesting combination of garlic ,spices and green peas compliment each other and impart an aromatic flavour to the pulao.
Add your private note
Green Peas Pulao recipe - How to make Green Peas Pulao
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Wash and soak the basmati rice in water for 30 minutes
- Drain the rice completely and sauté the rice in 1 tbsp ghee for 3 minutes. Keep it aside
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee and 1 tbsp of oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add cumin seeds, when it splutters add bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and star anise and sauté for 1 minute
- Add garlic cloves, slit green chilli and onions and sauté till the onion is pale brown in colour.
- Add green peas along with coriander and mint leaves and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add 3. 5 cups of water and salt.
- Add soaked and drained basmati rice and mix well. Close with lid.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by MSangeetha on 23 Aug 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.