Green Peas Pod Soup, Hara Vatana Soup Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 61 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17663 times
This interesting Green Peas Pod Soup (Hara Vatana Soup) makes use of both the pod and the fresh green peas inside!
Sautéed in butter together with onions, the pods and peas acquire a very appetizing aroma and flavour, which makes the soup a top-class starter! A simple seasoning of pepper is all that this soup needs to win over the diners’ hearts.
To add some crunch top with Toasted Croutons , Garlic Croutons, Potato Croutons or Cheese Croutons .
- Heat the butter in a pressure cooker, add the green pea pods, fresh green peas, onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam escape before opening the lid.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Strain the mixture along with 1 cup of water using a strainer.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep non-stick pan, add the salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.