Green Peas Modak
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3073 times
A very dainty white modaks with bright green filling will surely please our ganapati bapaji and family.
- Bring water to boil in a pan add salt and rice flour and mix well until smooth, thick and dough like.
- Remove from the flame. cover and keep aside for some time. Knead it well and finish it with little ghee and keep it soft and covered.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the peas, jaggery and spices and let the jaggery melt, mix well and cook till the mixture turns thick.
- Keep aside.
- Keep the steamer on boil.
- Make small balls out of the rice dough and roll it to 2 - 3 inch rounds.
- Arrange the filling mixture in center and pinch its edges and gather them in the center and pinch it to seal and give it a proper pouch like modak shape.
- Arrange them in a steamer and steam it for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Serve them garnished with melted ghee, cardamom powder and serve them decorated with rose petals.
This recipe was contributed by damyantiben on 02 Sep 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.