Green Peas Masala Curry ( Quick Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 335 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 103788 times
Green Peas Curry is a delightful accompaniment that can be made in a jiffy using frozen peas, readily available spice powders.
The use of plain flour gives a thick consistency to the curry without having to simmer the gravy for too long. While the flavours of tomato and onion are definitely noticeable, it is the soothing flavour of cumin that dominates this curry.
Try other recipes like Healthy Green Curry or Vegetable Makhanwala.
- Combine the milk, plain flour, cumin seeds powder and chilli powder in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the asafoetida and grated onion and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the milk mixture, green peas and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 6 minutes or till the curry thickens, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.