Green Peas Ghughra
by Palak Rajput
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7508 times
Green Peas Ghughra, an evening time snack served with green chutney.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, using enough water knead a semi soft dough.
- Divide the dough into a equal portions, roll into small balls and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the peas and baking soda.
- Cook on a slow flame covered with a lid. Stir often for even cooking.
- When the peas are cooked remove from the flame.
- Transfer the peas on a plate and allow to cool.
- Half crush the peas with hands.
- Add the coriander, coconut, ginger paste, chilli paste, garam masala, lemon juice, sugar and salt, mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out each balls to a small puri, put one portion of stuffing, fold and stick the edges making it into half round shapes.
- Decorate the edges by creating designs with your fingers to make ghughra.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the ghughras till it turns to golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make more ghughras.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 10 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.