Green Peas Dhokla, Protein Rich Recipes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 82 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27246 times
Green peas dhoklas, a delectable protein-loaded Gujarati farsan that is so soft that it will simply disappear in your mouth! I am sure most of you are unaware of the goodness of green peas.
Rich in protein, fibre, iron etc, green peas is a very versatile ingredient that lends itself to various types of dishes right from soups and salads , to starters and subzis , and so on to dhoklas .
- Combine all the ingredients, except the fruit salt, in a bowl, add water (approximately ½ cup) and mix well to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and add 2 tsp of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the batter immediately into a greased 175 mm. (7") diameter thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread it to make an even layer.
- Steam for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, green chillies and asafoetida, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a second.
- Remove from the flame, add 1 tbsp of water and mix well. Pour the tempering over the dhoklas.
- Cool slightly and cut into equal pieces. Serve immediately garnished with coriander and paneer.
- Always use your hands while mixing the batter to break the lumps.
- To make 1 cup green peas purée, blend 1 ½ cup of fresh green peas in a mixer till smooth.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.