Green Peas Ambti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 125 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27534 times
Green Peas Ambti is a classic Maharashtrian preparation of coarsely crushed peas and tomatoes. It uses a rich and spicy masala paste that is to be freshly prepared with onions, coconut and a traditional selection of spices. Serve hot with Whole Wheat Bhakri or Parathas
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, coconut, coriander seeds, cinnamon, cumin seeds, cloves, peppercorns and dry red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for at least 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and allow it to cool slightly.
- Once slightly cooled, blend it in a mixer to a smooth paste using a little water. Keep aside.
- Blend the tomatoes in mixer to a smooth pulp and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a deep kadhai, add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the green peas, tomato pulp, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||290.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||22.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||23.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.