Green Pea Waffles
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 119 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31922 times
Green pea waffles look good, taste good, and are nutritious too – the perfect features to please people of all ages! this wholesome snack is prepared with readily available ingredients like green peas, semolina and urad dal flour. In fact, if urad dal flour is not available, you can even substitute with rice flour. Cooking the batter in a waffle iron gives it the required crispness and also makes it look fantastic. Just ensure you serve it fresh, with perky green chutney, a dollop of honey, or just plain!
- Grind the green peas in a blender to a coarse paste.
- Combine the green pea paste, semolina, urad dal flour, curds, green chillies, cumin seeds, coriander, asafoetida, salt, oil and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and make a smooth batter.
- Just before making the waffles, add the fruit salt and mix gently.
- Divide the batter into 3 equal portions.
- Pre-heat a waffle iron.
- Grease the waffle iron with little oil, pour 1 portion of the green pea batter and spread it evenly. Put some oil over the batter and cook in a waffle maker for 5 minutes or till the waffles are crispy.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 2 more waffles.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per waffle
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.