Green Pea Pulao
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34558 times
Try tasty and all time favorite rice preparation, pea pulao recipe. A rice recipe with shelled peas as ingredient along with whole spices and chopped cashewnuts, the pea pulao is not only delicious but also rich in health. An easy and delicious pulao recipe for parties and gatherings.
- Soak the rice in enough water for 30 minutes and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the cumin seeds, peppercorns and cloves and garlic, mix well and saute for few seconds.
- Add the onions and salt, mix well and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the red chilli powder and then add the green peas and saute for few minutes.
- Add the rice, mix well and saute for few more minutes.
- Add enough water to cover the rice and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles or till the rice is cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by rukhsie on 10 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.