Green Pea Pattice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5822 times
Potatoes and peas come together to make the Green Pea Pattice an amazing snack that everybody will fall for.
As always, boiled potatoes form the base of this pattice, but what makes it special is a scrumptious centre packed with green peas and coconut perked up with ginger and green chillies.
The Green Pea Pattice has a fantabulous structure that is crisp outside and succulent inside. Combined with a mouthwatering flavour, it is a real winner.
You can serve it with tomato ketchup and green chutney, or when you are in the mood for something different, try using it to make burgers!
You can also try other pattice like Ragda Pattice and Farali Pattice .
- Divide the potato mixture and the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Flatten a portion of the potato mixture into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle and place a portion of the stuffing in the centre.
- Bring together the edges in the centre to seal the stuffing and shape it into a 75 mm. (3") flat round pattice.
- Roll the pattice in the arrowroot flour till it is evenly coated from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 7 more pattice.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry the pattice, a few at a time, on a medium flame till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pattice
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.