Green Pea Parathas ( Delicious Diabetic Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 300 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 67849 times
Parathas are sustaining and wholesome. Puréed green peas are combined with whole wheat flour to make this delicious paratha dough. Both whole wheat flour and green peas are rich in fibre, which aids in controlling blood sugar levels. Each paratha being cooked in ¼ teaspoon of oil is absolutely healthy for diabetics, as well as the whole family. Serve the Green Pea Parathas fresh off the tava with Karela Kadhi and Carrot Garlic Chutney.
- Purée the green peas into a smooth paste using 1 tbsp of water in a blender.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft dough without using any water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions
- Roll out each portion into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle with the help of a little flour to roll the paratha.
- Cook each paratha on a non-stick pan until both sides are golden brown, using a little oil.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.