Green Pea, Coconut and Coriander Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 51 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17048 times
Coriander and coconut is a favourite combination that often features in subzi masala pastes and chutneys too. You will see that this twosome is also the reason for the success of this green pea, coconut and coriander soup. A generous helping of these two ingredients together with other standard flavour enhancers like ginger, onions, mint, etc. , transforms cooked green peas into a sumptuous and memorably tasty soup that is sure to strike the right chord with just about everybody!
- Heat the butter in a deep pan, add the ginger, garlic, onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the boiled peas, coriander, mint and coconut, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend the mixture with 2 cups of water in a blender till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep pan, add the salt and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh cream.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||548.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||20.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||18.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.