Green Moong Coconut Korma
by Foodie #563432
This recipe has been viewed 2526 times
This is a highly nutritious and easy to make recipe :even the kids will enjoy eating with dosa,rice, puttu,and ofcourse,roti. I got this recipe from my mother who used to make it when there is no vegetables handy in the kitchen. The variation include, instead of green moong we can use kala channa or cabooli channa.
- Pressure cook the moong with turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt with enough water for 3 whistles or till cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the coriander seeds,coconut, onion and curry leaves and saute till they turn golden brown
- Cool and blend in a mixer adding little water to smooth paste. Keep aside.
- In the same kadhai, heat 1 tsp oil and add the mustard seeds,curry leaves and onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked moong, mix well and add the paste, ,add a littl more water if required
- Add 1 tsp sugar, mix well and bring it to boil.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #563432 on 13 Mar 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.