Green Garlic in Gravy
by Radha Hoizal
This recipe has been viewed 557 times
Green Garlic in Gravy is a unique sabji with a coconut based gravy. Chana dal in the paste helps thicken the gravy, while tamarind and jaggery gives it a little tany sweet tate. Relished this delicious subaji with roti, naan or steamed rice.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a kadhai and add the chopped garlic and roast for a few seconds.
- Then add the prepared paste and add 3 cups of water.
- Allow to boil and cook till the gravy thickens then add salt and mix well.
- Add more water if required. The consistency of the subaji should be medium thick, then take it off the flame.
- Heat oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds and allow to crackle and also add the broken red chilli pieces.
- Pour this tempering over the subji and mix well.
- Serve hot with roti, naan or steamed rice.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 25 Nov 2016Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.