Green Chilli and Lemon Pickle
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24094 times
A tangy ,spicy green chilli and lemon pickle recipe is a great accompaniment to rice or breads. The slit green chillies imparts a spicy and hot taste while the lemon imparts a tangy sour flavour. a complete taste riot.
- Wash the green chillies and lemon thouroighly to all dust.
- Cut the green chillies in the centre,leaving them intact at the end.
- Have ready glass-jars for preserving the pickle.
- Cut the lemons in two halves---fill in each lemon enough salt and then press the two halves together and place them carefully in the glass-jar---
- Now fill in salt in the green-chillies ---place these in the glass-jar also.
- close the lid tightly.
- Leave the pickle jar in a warm place for a week or when you feel that the lemon and chillies are getting softer and absorbing the saltish mixture.
- Enjoy your delicious spicy achar(lastly add to it a pinch of sugar and nutmeg)
This recipe was contributed by nutan36 on 29 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.