Great Khaman Dhokla
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10472 times
Make the traditional gujarati great khaman dhokla with this easy recipe. The soft, spongy and delicious khaman dhokla are best paired with a coriander chutney.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, except the fruit salt, add enough water and mix well to make a thick batter.
- Add the fruit salt, sprinkle a little water over the fruit salt and mix gently.
- When the mixture rises, pour it into a greased thali and steam for about 10 minutes or till cooked.
- Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeeds, green chillies and asafoetida and 1 tablespoon of water and pour this over the steamed dhoklas.
- Cut into pieces and serve with green chutney.
- You can use 1 teaspoon of lemon juice instead of the citric acid crystals.
- Keep the steamer hot and add the fruit salt into the batter.
This recipe was contributed by vishakha_p on 02 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.