Grated Mango Pickle By flying chef
by flying chef
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12667 times
Grated mango pickle is a tongue tickling sweet and sour mango pickle recipe which can be enjoyed with Parathas or puris or even with dal chawal. The grated raw unripe mangoes are cooked with jaggery, salt and seasonings.
- Peel the mango and grate .
- Add salt and leave it aside for sometime.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. add mustard seeds, whole chillies and asafoetida.
- Squeeze out well the grated mango and add pulp to above .
- Stir well and cook until nearly done, add sugar, ground red chillies and stir well until thick, add colour and bring it away from heat.
- When cool, place it in jar.
- This pickle lasts for six months without going stale.
This recipe was contributed by flying chef on 13 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.