Granola Bars ( Fun Food For Children)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 400 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 96640 times
Is this crisp or chewy, sweet or fruity? It is this mixture of flavours and textures that makes the Granola Bars a treat for kids! It keeps them guessing with every bite, loaded with fibre and protein rich oats and cornflakes, nutritious dry fruits and nuts, all bound together by caramelised sugar.
- Combine the oats, mixed nuts and melon seeds in a broad non-stick pan and dry roast them on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool.
- When cooled, add the cornflakes and raisins and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar along with 1 tbsp of water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a high flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the sugar caramelizes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, add the oats-cornflour mixture and mix well.
- Pour this mixture on to a greased marble or stone surface.
- Using a large greased rolling pin, roll it out lightly to form a square approximately 200 mm. X 200 mm. (8" x 8").
- While it is still warm, cut out rectangular bars of 25 mm. X 100 mm. (1" x 4").
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Sugar burns very quickly, so give it your full attention.
- Grease your hands, the marble top and the rolling pin generously with oil.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per bar
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.