Granny's Apple Sandwich Spread
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4807 times
Granny's apple sandwich spread is an excellent apple sauce based spread recipe which can be served with plain rice as accompaniment or used as bread spread for sandwiches.
- Clean and core the apples. if preferred peel them.grate them.
- Dry roast and powder the methi seeds and mix with asafoetida powder.keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When they splutter and the turmeric and then the grated apples.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add salt and chilli powder and simmer till dry stirring once in a while.this takes about 5 minutes.
- When the mixture starts leaving the surface of the pan add the methi powder mixture, stir and take the pan off heat.
- Transfer to a sterilised bottle when the mixture is cooled down.
This recipe was contributed by Shyammaya on 20 May 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.