Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2284 times
1. you can eat this with chutney powder / coconut chutney / sauce.
2. the credit for this recipe goes to my mother and culture course :-)
- Crush baby onions, cumin seed, curry leaves,green chillies and coconut flakes together
- Mix the above with the atta and add salt to taste
- Add enough water and make dough of consistency a little bit watery than the chapathi dough
- Divide the dough into 10 equal parts
- Grease the plantain leaf or plastic sheet with a little oil
- Place one part of the dough in the leaf/sheet and make it a circle of about 7" diameter, using your finger tips. wet your finger tips with a little water occasionally.
- Heat the tawa
- Grease the tawa with a little oil
- Invert the plantain leaf/sheet by keeping it close to the tawa so that the ada falls directly to the tawa
- After sometime, spread a little oil on the top
- Make upside down
- Wait till done.
- Now, repeat the steps 5 through 12 till the dough is over
This recipe was contributed by keralacook on 11 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.