Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12974 times
A cooling, tangy and taste bud tickling dal recipe,gongura dal is prepared from finely chopped gongura which is mixed with the yellow dal. Relish with steamed rice.
- Pressure cook the masoor dal with green chillies and gingurs for 2-3 whistles or till the dal is cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid, cool and mash the dal lightly. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and red chilli and saute for few seconds.
- Add the mashed masoor, turmeric and salt and mix well.
- Add little water as per the required consistency and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with hot rice.
This recipe was contributed by v_kavithavasu on 29 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.