Golkeri ( Gujrati Aam ka Achaar)
by rajni ahuja
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35839 times
Golkeri(gujarati aam ka achar) is a sweet and tangy pickle or achar recipe with unripe mangoes mixed with an array of spices and ingredients in sesame oil.
- Peel and cut the mangoes into 1" pieces.
- Wash, add the turmeric, salt, mix well and cover and keep aside for 2 days, stirring every day.
- On the 3rd day, strain from salted water and spread the mangoes on a cloth to dry.
- Combine the mustard seeds and methi seeds and blend in a mixer to a coarse powder.
- Add this powder to the mangoes and mix well.
- Make a depression at the centre, add the coriander seeds powder, asafoetida and pour the hot oil and the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Keep aside for 4 days under the sun or till the jageery dissolved completely.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Use as required.
This recipe was contributed by rajni ahuja on 02 Sep 20111.Iam senior citizen,aged72 yrs,
retired deputy librarian from IIT kharagpur ,
42 years of experie...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.