Golden Lentil Soup, Protein Rich Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19922 times
Golden lentil soup, golden colour and irresistible aroma of this soup tease your taste buds, making it impossible to refuse. Pressure-cooked masoor dal is easy to digest, which is important for elderly people.
Increasing age takes a toll on your body by decreasing immunity, weakening the digestive system and loosening the skin cells. To prevent all this, one needs to have a protein-rich diet right from middle age, in order to stay fit as a fiddle in the later years.
Add your private note
Golden Lentil Soup, Protein Rich Recipe recipe - How to make Golden Lentil Soup, Protein Rich Recipe
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Clean and wash the dal, add the carrots, onions, bayleaf, cloves, garlic, peppercorns and 4 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer till smooth. Strain using a strainer and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep pan, add the chilli powder and celery and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the dal mixture, milk and salt, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the coriander, lemon juice and paneer, mix well and simmer for a minute, stirring once in between. Serve hot garnished with a sprig of mint.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.