Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1610 times
Add fiber and crunchiness in your breakfast with the Golden flakes. The rice flakes are roasted till golden, crushed and then cooked with jaggery and ghee.
- Heat a kadahi. fry the poha till golden.
- Cool and powder it coarsely.
- Take a bowl. empty the powdered poha.
- Add the food colour and mix with warm water to wet the poha mixture.
- Take care not to make it soggy. mix well with hands.
- Melt the jaggery in a pan and make a syrup of thread consistency.
- Add the poha, stir well and turn off the gas.
- Add the powdered cardamom .
- Cover and keep for 5 mins.
- Mix well and garnish with fried coconut.
- Your dish is ready for serving.
This recipe was contributed by mvg71 on 18 Dec 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.