Golden Corn Mushroom Akki Roti Pizza
by Radha Hoizal
This recipe has been viewed 2521 times
Pizza is such a food that attracts everyone. I thought why shouldn't I try by making the base of traditional recipe that is akki roti. Akki means "Rice" in Kannada. Children run away listening to the name of rice roti so thought of making my innovation to make them eat the traditional food in an innovative way. Try out this recipe. Hope everyone will enjoy.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients and knead into a medium soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into four equal parts. Roll to make a ball.
- Heat an iron pan on a low flame and grease with oil and place 1 rice dough ball in the centre of the pan. Tap the ball with greased finger tips to make a medium thick roti.
- Sprinkle oil on the edges and cook on a medium flame covered with a plate till it gets cooked.
- Slowly remove it with the help of a spatula and keep aside.
- Repeat remaining dough balls to make 3 more rotis. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add onions and saute till pink.
- Add the capsicum and cook for 1 minutes. Then add mushrooms and let it cook again for another 3 minutes, then add the roasted corn, mix well.
- Add salt, pepper powder, oregano, chilli flakes, mixed herbs and toss.
- Place a roti on a flat dry surface and evenly spread some salsa sauce over it
- Sprinkle some grated mozzarella and processed cheese evenly over it.
- Then spread a portion of the topping over.
- Place the pizza on a pre-heated non-stick tava (griddle), cover it with a lid cook till cheese melts.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 with the remaining rotis to make 3 more pizzas.
- Cut into equal slices and serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 01 Feb 2017Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.